Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Doctor Day

My daughter and I spent last Friday at the U.  She wore her pink tiara so we were easy to spot.  The PFTs went up slightly and my weight is stable although a little too light.  So, we made the decision to give it a go to be IV free.  I had to finish up what I had left which kept it going through Saturday.

On Sunday, I had to drop off my daughter and her friend at a Princess party.  When I got back home, the nurse was waiting to deaccess my port.  I guess it is actually ports since I have two.  I am officially free of sleeping with my IV pump and have no tubes.  Yesterday, I got to take my first shower without plastic on my arm.  Of course, we can always change our minds and hook it all back up.  However, I will take what I can get.

So, now it is back to fun exercise and lots of eating.  My daughter has big plans for me at the swimming pool.  We also have a garden to plant and are working on our list of more fun.  You know it has been a long run when your friends and family are just as excited to take a break.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment