Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Question of the day

Rumor has it that word of my blog is spreading. I have just given it out to folks that I have written about so far. I don't really mind if it is shared but I am not going public just yet as far as Facebook and things like that are concerned. I was hoping to make it look better and add some features but that might come in time. If you pass it on, be sure to have them read from the start or some of it won't make sense.

I had a really interesting conversation while I was trying to look tough for my nurse today. I should explain that I don't think most people have as much trouble changing a dressing. She told me that folks with CF have extra sensitive skin so I am not as unusual as I like to believe. I also declined the stitches that usually go along with a picc line so we have to be extra careful about the whole thing not falling out. It is kind of like a lot of pieces of spaghetti hooked together that go in your arm and up through your vein around your armpit to your heart. My last picc line had a huge rash and was really nasty. So, things look a lot better this time around. However, I still don't like to have anything like clothes touch it so I look like my arm is in a sling all the time. I am going to a wedding this weekend and I am not too excited to have to break out of my yoga pants for some real clothes. The wedding will be fun but it will require a little planning on my part to be dressed up and do my afternoon IV in a strange place.

Right, you are wondering about my interesting conversation. Well, I was saying how I was going to miss Cooking Club next week. My Mom's Club has a variety of fun activities all month long that could keep you very busy. My nurse pointed out that you shouldn't miss things that you want to do. I agree with her but what I want to do and what I need to do are not always in agreement. I can't really get my dressing changed and discuss the greatest new recipes all at the same time. It is a bit of a challenge because I would always prefer to be invited even if I can't go to something. My schedule tends to get in the way. Depending on the month, I do between 9 and 12 nebulizer treatments along with my three vest treatments and the fourth by my husband. (I rotate inhaled antibiotics which is why the number changes each month.) My husband is really good about helping to wash all the nebulizers which is for sure a prayer in action. It is one less thing for me to do and sometimes the little things really add up. I guess the point is that you have to squeeze in the fun parts of life in between the rest.

If I were a little healthier now, I would book a ticket to Disney followed by a trip to Hawaii. I would also buy the darling blue Mustang for sale that matches my blue couch. A Mustang in Minnesota isn't really practical so that isn't as much about being healthy as it is about not ending up in the ditch. I would also have to cut a lot of coupons! I also plan to take a road trip to meet my college roommate's new baby except he isn't so new anymore since he just had a birthday.

I told one of my followers that I was going to post a question of the day to see if anyone really is reading this. She claims that it is true but she is related to me so she has to say that. So, where do you simplify your life to make more time for the good stuff?

On a side note, my darling daughter really wanted to buy donuts today. I convinced her that we could just have a cookie. A few hours later the doorbell rang. It was her friend from preschool along with her mom to drop off dinner and donuts for Lillie. I guess God is telling us to eat the donuts.

Blessings,

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Cindy-

    You just have to continue to ask for help with the small things in life and that will free up your time and make room for what is the fun things (like spending time with me--ok maybe Lillie and Aaron). Mama Becki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the donuts!!! You need the fat!! It's good
    for ya. Right? I'm so glad to follow your blog.
    I love hearing updates. Kaia and I had a long
    conversation today about her other Chinese sisters
    today. She was quite consumed with the thought
    of having more sisters. She says "Momma will you tell me again bout how you and Daddy got me on Kaia Day" It is so precious. We are looking forward to see you, Aaron and Miss Lilly this summer. I wish we all lived closer.
    Thinking of you!!
    Nikki C

    ReplyDelete