Friday, September 14, 2012

Threads of Change

One of the few advantages of having CF is that you get the chance to hang out with really smart people a lot.  One of them shared with me that when her daughter went to kindergarten, she learned to quilt.  I thought that was a really great idea but wasn't sure where to begin.  So, this week, I visited the quilting circle at my church.  One of my friends is a regular and assured me that you only needed to know how to tie a knot.  When I explained that I was a kindergarten mom without a home, there was a collective sigh in the room and they took me in. 

One of the greatest prayers in action is sometimes just your presence.  I have the opportunity to help my grandparents on both sides later this week and early next week.  It comes with a lot of change but it is a great gift to be able to be there.  We are hoping for some good news and a smooth transition.  While I don't know how much help I can offer, I am really good at being present.  I know first hand the gift of having someone who adores you present when you are feeling a little nervous.

Last night, my darling husband joined me for the kindergarten parent night.  The thought crossed my mind to bolt from the room and declare that we aren't ready.  Well, that wouldn't really be true.  My daughter is very much ready.  It is her mom who is having a little trouble.  She is fond of telling me that it is okay because she will play with me after school.  I know it won't stay that way forever so I am trying to live it up and spend a little more time playing Barbies and making crafts.

So, this week, I encourage you to be present.  Hang out with the people who adore you and bask in a little bit of sunshine.  On that note, I need to get ready for school.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment