Monday, February 25, 2013

Listen

Do you ever feel like the universe is trying to tell you something? 

Well, last week, I was busy comparing summer schedule with my friend.  We usually have a summer adventure and my intent was really just to figure out when our kids got out of school, vacations already scheduled, and when our kids went back to school.  When it came time from my friend to go home, she said, "My plans can change."  I didn't get it.  I eventually figured out that she thought I was looking for a good time to be out of commission and some kid coverage.

So, the next day, I had a conference call with my girlfriend.  We have two kids, two husbands who travel, two dogs, and two different time zones.  It has come to a point where we have a very brief conference call in between kid drop offs and pick ups.  I am not even sure how we came to be talking about our schedules.  We have some summer plans already in the works.  She understood quite clearly what my other friend was trying to say.  She said, "Well, when the time comes, we will have a conference call and handle it."  Apparently, my friends have put a lot of thought into the possiblity of new lungs and how to get me from point A to B.

On the third day, I was catching up with my sister.  We had already covered exciting things like who had room in their fire safe and who needed to buy one.  Apparently, our Diet Cokes weren't quite done.  I told her about my past two conversations.  As it turns out, she was talking to a man with a small plane and asked him if he might give her a ride in the event that her sister went to get some new lungs.  She lives about three hours away and that is about the time you have between "the call" and the surgery.  When she saw him later, he told her that he had lined up a few other folks in case he was gone so one way or another, someone would fly her down. 

Okay, lets just take a minute and put that all in perspective. 

My friend who is a single mom is prepared to relocate her children and distract my daughter when the time comes.  My other friend is prepared to schedule a conference call and fly across the country to run my household.  And, my little sister, who is afraid of small planes has various men she doesn't really know well ready to fly her where she needs to go.

I thought that was all plenty and then I got a message from my friend with new lungs wanting to have lunch and a "talk" with me.  If I didn't know better, I might think they were all talking to each other. 

When the talk of new lungs first developed, my friend who had already been down that road told me that "those lungs will only get you so far."  I know, trust me, I know.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment