Monday, December 19, 2011

Doctor Day

The day started off pretty well. I managed to get up early enough to do my treatment before school. That left an hour for me to room the aisles for Santa and get back to school for the preschool party. If you need a little inspiration for Christmas, a group of four year olds will show you the way. I was in charge of the crafts to make tissue paper wreaths with their cute pictures in the middle. After school, my daughter's friends were heading to lunch and we were heading to the U. They invited her to join them so she ditched me for Burger King. I am pretty sure that she had a lot more fun.

The PFT machine (or my lungs) didn't cooperate very well this week. They are down again and are staying there against our best efforts. So, we switched things up a little bit in an effort to skip the big house for the holidays. We are trying a new oral antibiotic, a little more Hypertonic Saline which you use in a nebulizer, and more Prednisone. I am not really a fan of any of that but it doesn't involve needles. We are also back to the eat all the time plan which is really frustrating because it is so much easier to lose weight than it is to gain it. I don't feel as bad as I should feel according to the numbers but my oxygen rate is lower than it should be so I get tired fast and don't have as much energy.

On a more positive note, my husband came home from France safe and sound. He missed his connection flight and got in a little later than expected. My daughter went to greet him in her new Princess slippers. We got a lot of interesting looks in the airport. She was in her glory yesterday with his undivided attention.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment