Friday, February 17, 2012

The Power of Friends

When God called my cousin's son home last week, the women took action. I called my friend and said, "Can you come?" She said, "When do you need me?" I said, "Right now." "Okay, I am on my way."

A few days later when my help was needed, I called another friend and said, "Can you come?" She said, "What time?" I said, "As soon as you can." "Okay, I am on the way."

By Friday, when I had things to do that didn't include Beauty and the Beast with my daughter and her friends, another friend said, "Can I come and pick her up?" When my daughter hesitated, she picked her up and offered her security and a fun afternoon.

On Friday night, I started to worry about bringing my daughter and some her cousins to the visitation and service. I called another friend and said, "Can you come tomorrow?" She said, "Sure, what time do you need me?"

I think it is a little too easy to be sad and blue. Then, God sends a few angels to handle things and you see the power of friends. My friends, both far and near, are really amazing. They call, they text, they send mail, and most of all, they worry.

When my daughter's birthday arrived this week, I was far from ready for her party or her princess friends to arrive. With the help of my sister, my mom (the Fairy Godmother), and a few friends, it was all handled.

On Monday, I went back to the U and saw another doctor. The test scores are just ugly. He wanted to know what I was doing this week. I said, "I am having a princess party."

So, after some discussion, about what to do with me, we decided to restart IVs and try a new antibiotic and restart one of the old ones. We would be doing one 24 hours a day except that I declined the double line so I only have one line. So, the schedule is one three times a day and one twice a day for a total of 8 hours for at least the next three weeks. I knew things must look tough when my nurse offered to hang around yesterday so I could take a quick shower. I really think there are angels among us.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment