Saturday, February 4, 2012

Share your Mom

A few weeks ago, my mom and my friend's mom got talking about how I wanted to reorganize my kitchen. I had a few other things going on but my mom gave my number to my friend's mom who has excellent organizational gifts. It is funny how my messy kitchen didn't bother me at all until I was home a lot more often and had to face it every day.

Last Sunday, my husband and daughter loaded up to go visit my mom and my daughter's kitty, Spot, who lives at the farm with Grandma. Apparently, Spot's friend, Macy, got married in the night but didn't invite Grandma. I asked my daughter who Macy married and she looked at me like it was so obvious and replied, "Scaredy Cat."


Then, my friend's mom arrived and the kitchen purge was under way. It is entertaining to me how I think it is fine to mix my office supplies with my extra serving dishes. Apparently, that isn't how you are supposed to do things. Well, my friend's mom has it looking so good that it is kind of hard to believe that it is the same kitchen.

I have been very fortunate to have a lot of good help lately. My mom fed my family lunch so they would be busy during our kitchen project. My friend reassured me today that I really could miss a volunteer commitment and it would work out fine. She also offered to help me with my upcoming princess party. Another friend showed up for lunch with a pumpkin roll. It is delicious and must be full of calories. I think that I was supposed to share it with my family but I have managed to eat most of it myself.

Yesterday, the U called to check in on me. It is never a good sign when they are calling you rather than the other way around. My culture came back with another antibiotic choice which is good from a germ perspective. It is not as exciting if you are hoping to be liberated of IVs as the count starts over when you make a change so we woulld be looking at three more weeks. In the end, we decided to go do PFTs next week after I visit the Diabetes doctor and made a decision based on the numbers.

On another fun note, I was all excited about having all the balls in the air on my last doctor visit. My doctor advised me that I should be working out five times a week for thirty minutes. I thought twenty minutes was great. I should also be mixing it up which is easy in the summer but more difficult in the winter and with a picc line. So, this week, the treadmills were full at my second gym. I took that as a sign to try the recumbent bike. It only took me five minutes to check if it was time to pick my daughter up yet. Apparently, I have more work to do.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment