Saturday, October 29, 2011

Doctor Day

Doctor Day came and went again. I am back on the every two week schedule. My PFT scores were not at all impressive. I chose the least agressive of the options, inhaled antibiotics. We are trying two at one time to see if they work their magic. I have a good track record with one of them so hopefully it will do the trick. Of course, that means that we are going from 6 nebs a day to 11 nebs a day. Depending on the medicine, it takes 5 to 15 minutes per neb. You can do the math and figure out it is not really pretty.

So, we need things to bounce back. Until then, I am skipping the trainer on Monday and trying to elminate stress. Apparently, my little body has enough stress all on its own. My oxygen rate is also not cooperating making me a little more tired than normal and a little slower on the stairs. My trip upstairs at my house is usually the first sign of trouble. I used to think it would be better to live without them but it does force you to exercise if you want to sleep in your own bed.

Today went a little better with a fun field trip for my daughter's Chinese class. We never did find the school bus with all of her friends but it was a great day to get some fresh air and take a walk. Just as I got to the end of the Trick or Treat Trail, I started to wonder if it was such a good idea. I made it all the way out to the maze which was not short trip. Then, a nice man pulling the train appeared. I told my husband, "If God sends you a train, you should get on."

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment