Friday, October 14, 2011

Shake, shake, shake

After sharing my morning oatmeal with my dog, I was off to Zumba. I was successful in securing my position in the back row and grateful to God that I didn't know a soul. The first fifteen minutes went by before I realized that I didn't have any ID on my body. I had locked my purse in the car along with my inhaler. I tried to remember who knew that I was at Zumba and who would pick up my daughter if I didn't show up. I had told my friend at preschool where I was headed and talked to my sister just before I left so they would figure it out.

My next thought was that I talked to my grandma this morning and she would be mad if I died at Zumba. I call her faithfully every week and she asks every time if I am coming over today. I agreed to come visit next week when we have a few days off school. After arranging a day that didn't interfere with her weekly hair appointment, it was not going to go over well at all if I didn't make it.

Earlier this week, my trainer told me that I was getting stronger. At first, I thought that was good news. Then, I remembered that I pay her to tell me such things. The Zumba instructor caught me after class to tell me that I did a good job and encourage me to come back again. I can't help but wonder if I really look like I need reinforcement or if someone is calling ahead.

Today, I am thankful to still be here. I am also releived to have secured my Halloween costume. My daughter clapped her hands in delight when I tried on the Snow White costume for her. She promised to remember that I did this on her behalf. Then, she encouraged me to get the matching magic wand and fancy headband. She claims that I "need" them. I am also grateful for my friends who keep me on the straight and narrow and remind me to eat my protein. I found a new freezer meal cookbook on this week's adventure to the library so we will see if it helps our cooking ambitions.

Blessings,

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!

    You and Tay will match for Halloween- she got the Snow White gown today.

    We will be home tomorrow night after gymnastics until Sunday- woohoo! Call you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete