Monday, October 24, 2011

Go Away!

About the time that I realized that I had a low grade fever last week, I also noticed my husband had called my cell phone five times while I left it in my car. He was getting shipped out for work in two days. He would just be gone four days and three nights. Of course, you can't tell my daughter that. Her biggest concern about his travels continues to be who will kissie us to go to bed. I tried to convince her that a trip to Ohio was a lot better than being sent off to Germany or India or Mexico for weeks on end. (It is fair to say that I would never make it as a military wife.) She doesn't see it that way at all.

So, today, as I was trying to lift the weights that my trainer lovingly provided, I decided it was time to make some changes. I like to volunteer but I need to work out. When I don't feel good which is more often than I like to admit, I don't have the energy to execute all of the shoulds in life. Everyone has them. I should call so and so after I plan some meals so I can stop at the grocery. Wait, I forgot my deposit at the bank and now it is time for crafts according to my daughter. This is the way a typical conversation plays out in my head. Of course, at the end of the day, I hate the big blue X on my calendar if I don't work out. It is fair to say that I am a self imposed overachiever who is failing in some regards.

This weekend, I got to spend lots of time hanging out with my daughter and her best friend. I prefer to spend more time having fun and less time cleaning or trudging through the grocery store especially when the snow flies. So, I am going to find out if my cleaning lady really moved to Hawaii or just thought I was too much to take on in her life. (Who can blame her really?) I am also going to utilize my coupon for Coborn's and see if a weekly delivery of groceries makes any difference in my cooking or my energy level. They want to deliver me groceries for free for 3 months. I mean why would anyone turn that away.

So, this is me putting the green germs on warning. Go away! I am tired of you. My petite body is tired of you. My darling daughter helped me pick out work clothes that are in "fashion" so consider yourself notified. (She claims she has a good "fashion sense.") Please go away! I have four days to make you go away and I would like you to cooperate.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment