Monday, May 23, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I had been waiting and hoping for a day with no plans. The day arrived yesterday but it was a little boring. I think it is rather funny how you wish for time to get all of these great things done. However, given the time, I could find much more fun things to do than my long list. I spent the afternoon baking cookies after my darling daughter reminded me how I had promised to help her make them. She checked the butter over and over to see if it was soft yet. She also helped my husband clean the garage which I didn't think was fun at all but they both seemed to like it.

We were a little sad to bring my two youngest nieces back to their parents on Saturday. I didn't know it was actually possible to play Barbies for that length of time. I think it is fair to say that the investment in our new Barbie House paid for itself. Thanks to my friend who found it at a garage sale and was kind enough to deliver it for us!

I also spent part of yesterday working on the elusive menu plan and catching up with my college roommate. She suggested allrecipes.com which I don't typically use and I also found onceamonthmom.com which is just fun to read. The week ahead includes potato soup with ham, lasagna, and meatloaf. We have a busy week with two trips to the U, two days of school, swimming lessons, speech, and company. We are also about to kick off racing season with our first trip to Brainerd this weekend.

The IV schedule is 8, 4, and 12 right now so if I look a little tired, I attribute it to getting up at 1 a.m. to shut off the last IV. Today marks one week down and hopefully just two more to go...

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment