Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sleep

On my last post, I was feeling a bit more optimistic. Today my lungs are full of gunk or achies as my daughter refers to it. It started with a headache on Tuesday and continued from there. I always know things are not going well when it is waking me up at night. I think sleep is one of the things that I covet most. By the time yesterday rolled around, I was laying low and watching Oprah.

Last night, I put my daughter to bed and set my alarm for midnight. I got up to put my IV on and set my alarm again for 1 a.m. When I woke up again, I found that I forgot to open the clamp on the IV. So, I set the alarm for 2 a.m. to shut the IV off again. By this time, I had woken my daughter up who realized that I was sleeping in my bed. I usually put her to bed and then sneak out. So, I had a really long night. Today, I feel like I had way too many drinks last night. I don't drink so that isn't actually the case. My blood sugar was also running high on Wed which is not ideal and makes it more difficult to fight off infection.

When I got up today, the nurse arrived at 8 a.m. for my first blood draw and dressing change. He was back again at 10 a.m. for a post IV blood draw. So far, I have accomplished dropping my daughter off at preschool and turning on the dishwasher. It isn't a very impressive list. Now, I am off to do another vest. After that, we might have time for a nap before preschool pick up. I usually have a pretty good attitude but I am not at all looking forward to PFTs tomorrow.

Today I am really thankful to the friend who agreed to watch my dog the next few days. I am also grateful to my friends who don't expect me to sugarcoat it for them. I am always thankful for my darling dog who barks way too much and waits for me to move my IV out of his way so he can sit by me on the couch.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment