Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slow and steady

The last of my company left this morning and moments later, the nurse arrived. I am back on the regular nurse schedule so I have one of my favorite nurses which makes such a big difference to me. It really shouldn't matter but it is nice to have the same person messing around with my arm. We were just getting a blood sample today to see if my INR was back on track and being cooperative. We also changed the dressing in hopes that I could go to my daughter's ice cream party on Thursday for the last day of school.

My nurse was supposed to come back on Thursday to draw pre and post IV blood to check my drug levels. In the end, we had it moved to Wednesday. My line is running slow so two hours of IVs turns into three hours three times a day. Some medicine is being sent out for my line in case it decides to stop running all together. The good news is that I won't have to miss the "mommies" invitation to school. We have "big" school tomorrow and "little" school on Thursday before summer break starts.

My dog has been busy trying to walk me instead of the other way around. After my treatment today, we tried to see if we could get a little further before hanging it up for a morning Diet Coke. While I sound terrible, the walking does help shake up the junk. I am looking for some fellow walkers so if you are up for short walks that involve investigating the neighbors flowers, just let me know.

I am also looking for a few volunteers to learn how to hit me by hand. There is an actual technique rather than just hitting me. It only takes a few minutes in the problem areas but I am hoping to train a few others who might be around if my husband is at work. I didn't think to have my mom train my friend over the weekend.

I just got up from my afternoon nap but my daughter and dog are both still sleeping so it must have been a big day at school. Today I am thankful for the offers to help me with food, the yummy treat delivered to school, and the promise of more soup if it doesn't get better. I am also thankful for the CF office who helped me figure out that I don't really have two appointments on Friday. It is an appointment this week and an appointment next week. I guess it is too early to be hoping for a promotion.

Blessings,

Cindy

1 comment: