Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Well, it actually isn't my birthday but I do think a summer birthday might be more fun. I was delighted to get to host my grandpa's birthday party today. We had planned to continue our annual tradition of visiting Mankato for his birthday after our last day of school. It was a good plan when I was feeling a little better but would result in missing a treatment. So, the party moved to my house which was so much fun. I doubt he ever watched a puppet show, painted, and watched "the girls" get their nails done on his birthday.

Of course, we had planned to bring a cake until we learned that he liked carrot cake. I imagine that we could have figured that out and we even had the recipe and grocery list. My mom had enough wisdom to encourage me to buy one instead. The truth be told that we were running out of time in between our ice cream social and school festivities. We also still had to get the decorations done.

My line is still running slow today. It isn't as slow as before but still a little slower than it should be. We will see what tomorrow brings for our options.

Today, I am very thankful for the offers to hit me, for my aunt who relocated the birthday party for me, and for my mom who drove out of her way to hit me and help with the party preparations. I have been hoping to have some more fun and it was really quite fun. I have the glitter nail polish to prove it. I am also thankful to my friend who decided to visit me while I did a vest so she could have coffee with me. I am always grateful for the friend looking forward to watching my darling daughter so I can go to the doctor and not have to endure the crocodile tears. She continues to tell me to just have my doctor "take it out, Mommy." It would be excellent if it were just that easy.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment