Monday, June 20, 2011

Double fun

We spent Father's Day at the Arboretum which was totally fun as the roses are all in bloom! This morning, my daughter and I went to visit our community garden plot. It was so exciting to see it all growing at last. And, this being Monday, we are expecting our second delivery from our CSA (community supported agriculture).

Today, most of the day was spent at the U. I really am beginning to feel like I still work there. Since I am not on IVs this week, my nurse also has the week off. We went to get my blood checked and a dressing change. We also picked up some new meds that the insurance company won't let me buy at my local CVS. (You know things are complicated when you have four different pharmacies.)

Well, the first fun news of the day was that you can order an INR machine to check your own blood similar to checking your blood sugar. I would still have to call in the results and get a nurse on the phone to adjust my meds but we would eliminate at least a weekly trip to draw blood. My daughter really stares them down so it would be great to skip it.

The other big news of the day is that my friendly insurance company paid an invoice from January after I had already paid it creating a nice credit. You could argue that I already spent the money but getting it back is really quite fun. They are sending me both a check and some new hoses for my oxygen machine. I know I need to work on having a little more fun.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment