Thursday, June 16, 2011

Remind me

A few days ago, I got a letter addressed to myself. I had no idea where it had come from until I opened it. A few years ago, I was at a conference where participants were asked to write down their personal and professional goals. The leader of the conference collected them and promised to send them back. I am happy to report that the personal goals were met to the degree that they were within my control. The professional goals were laid down to rest for a higher purpose.

Tonight, I got a phone call that reminded me that I am in the right place. I think it is easy to wonder if we could be doing more. I tried to do more this year and share my skills in various ways. I think it is fair to say that it didn't work out really. I am coming to realize that the lesson might be about doing less. In the past few weeks, I have had time to cook a little more and exercise. A lot of that relates to lung function but some of it comes down to time too.

I have always found a sense of security in the fact that God has more work for me to do. I really prefer to have the plan in hand but I am confident that He has plans for me and isn't done yet. Today, my latest calling was tested and I found myself wondering about the grand plan. My friend on the other end reminded me that there is more to life than long hours and estate gifts.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment