Friday, June 24, 2011

A new day

So, today was a day of extremes. I went back to the U where we were going to either pull my picc line or restart a drug on a 24 hour pump. I got a little lucky at the PFT lab. The staff is changing and my lab is closing where I will be promoted to the "adult" lab. This means my 35 years on the Pediatric floor will come eventually to a close. One of the staff members who has been working at the U as long as I have been going to the U was there to help me today. The first try was not at all inspiring. The second and third were still not as inspiring as I hoped. We waited and filled out the survey. After two more attempts, I agreed that we had tried although the results were still a little inconclusive. One magic number was about the same and the other was slightly down which may or may not signify anything.

Next, I was off to visit Audiology to see if my hearing is really a concern or if the ear muffs are just a figment of my imagination. I also had to wait for the office to page my doctor and for him to call back. So, my hearing test was postponed but I never got the message. While I was trying to schedule another one, my phone rang and it was one of the darling women in the office telling me that we could pull my picc line. (I would really get tired of me calling all the time if I had her job.) Of course, I had to agree that we would put it back in if I got sick and likely it would be a port next time.

The highlight of the day was coming home without my picc line and watching my daughter start jumping up and down. She exclaimed, "Now, you can go to the pool with me and Daddy!" My list of fun things to do (besides a lot of treatments) includes:

dancing
yoga
swimming
personal trainer
hiking at the State Park
sprinkler park
traveling
camping
riding my bike
making freezer meals
tending the garden and the roses
finishing the office project (this isn't really fun)
opening the "spa" (treatment room)

Well, this is just the beginning of the list so feel free to send suggestions. I will still be doing three vests a day but I can sleep like a normal person. In a few days, my arm will be healed and I can even wash my hair without a vet glove for the first time in roughly five months.

Blessings,

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. How bout adding "stop and smell the roses" to that list ;-)

    ReplyDelete