Friday, June 10, 2011

Race weekend

Today marks the beginning of another race weekend. My daughter and I are having a girls weekend which involves no cars unless I trade in my Grand Am for a Mustang at the last minute. I tend to buy fun things when my husband is out of town but I can't decide on a color and the rear wheel drive isn't very practical. Instead, we will be hanging out with our cousins (old and young) and going to a birthday party. I have promised that we can visit the Red Box which is thrilling for some reason that is beyond me. The crying about Daddy on the airplane has subsided for now.

An acquaintance sent me her summer bucket list this week. She sat down with her kids and made post it notes for short activites, 1/2 day activities, full day activities, and more than one day activities. She circulated the list to ask for input on other ideas. I find that the warm weather arrives much too late and leaves much too quickly. One of the things on our list for last year was to visit more state parks. We only made it to Nerstrand Big Woods but it was worth the trip. What is on your summer list?

I am a little worried this week about some of my favorite people. I think it is a great gift to have good friends and family. I am thankful this week for more yummy soup and a few extra treatments by hand. I am still hoping the paper fairy will come visit me and hold my hand to find the bottom of my desk. I still really miss my assistant at work. You would think that I would get over it anytime now.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment