Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Date Night

On our girls adventure, my daughter and I found a fun new menu planning tool. We picked up a menu board for our fridge. It is working pretty well so far but I find that we tend to change our menu a lot or just rearrange it. We had a very fun weekend and my husband won both his races so he was having fun too.

We also had a surprise date night this week. My last date with my husband was the work Christmas party. My daugther decided that she wanted to go visit her grandma and her cousins who were staying with my aunt. She also made sure to request shrimp for dinner. On our date, we got to have some dinner and take a romantic stroll around Menard's for my latest project.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day by myself which rarely happens. After the weekly nurse visits, I went on a bike ride and got a little exercise. I also managed to squeeze in a trip to the grocery, a visit to the library, a stop at the bank, a pedicure, and a haircut.

Today, I am very thankful for time to do the laundry that I have been trying very hard to ignore and some cancelled plans. I am hopeful that all of this rain is helping our garden and our new CSA grow! I am also glad to have my assistant back home again. She helped make chicken broccoli "cupcakes" last night and I have never seen anyone so excited over using the cupcake pan. Today, we are going to make some pasta salad for the Salad Luncheon at church tomorrow.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment