Monday, June 6, 2011

Doctor Day

The good news is that I got a pass from the big house! I was quite convinced that I should pack my pjs. I just can't seem to move the junk on my own very well. There are two scores that matter when you do PFTs. The first is the amount of air that you can blow in one second, your FEV1. Mine was up this week towards my normal range. It would still have most people on the couch but I will take it. The other score is the total amount of air you can blow out, your FVC or forced vital capacity. I still can't recreate some healthier numbers although it was better than last week.

The latest plan is to finish this round of IVs up over the next two weeks and wait another week to see what happens. I am going to be a little smarter this time and not make any fun plans until it really does look a little more promising. I have given up on covering my IV as it is just much too hot. I have gotten some very funny looks but my options of what to wear are much more fun.

Over the weekend, our family spent a lot of time outside. We had an impromptu picnic and finally got our bike shopping done. We also got our garden planted and my daughter had her first week of soccer. There is one other girl on her team but she missed last night. My daughter told me she was "surrounded by boys" but she kept up with all of them.

I am thankful today for a day with no plans or obligations. I am also thankful for the delivery of soup last week and the picnic that I didn't have to organize. I am looking forward to using my bike this week. We established that the bike trailer was needed after my daughter would only ride the length of two houses. I am also thankful to be wrapping up some prior committments and finding more time to just hang out.

Blessings,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment